It is undeniable that AI and Blockchain are two of the key technologies catalyzing the pace of innovation and initiate radical change in all sectors of technology. Each technology has its own technical complexity and commercial implications, but the combination of both technologies can completely redefine the technological (and human) paradigm as a whole.
Given the widespread acceptance of AI and blockchain in many sectors, it is logical that the convergence of the two would surprisingly results in all areas.
The synergy between these two powerful computer movements is greater than the sum of their parts. Artificial intelligence can use information derived and manipulated by blockchain to solve problems faster than ever before. It can do this freely and in a distributed manner, without limiting the outcome or restrictions of a single entity.
How can AI change Blockchain?
- Energy Consumption: Mining is an incredibly difficult task that requires a ton of energy (and then money) (O’Dwyer and David Malone, 2014). Artificial intelligence has already proved very effective in optimizing energy consumption. I think you can get similar results for blockchain. This would likely result in a reduction in investment in mining materials.
- Scalability: The blockchain constantly increases every 10 minutes to 1MB and is already 85 GB. Satoshi (2008) mentioned for the first time “the pruning of blockchain” (ie eliminating unnecessary data in fully issued transactions so as not to retain the entire blockchain in a single laptop), but AI can introduce new decentralized learning systems, such as federated learning. for example, or new data fragmentation techniques to make the system more efficient;
- Security: Although the blockchain is difficult to hack, its layers and applications are not as secure (for example, DAO, Mt Gox, Bitfinex, etc.). The incredible progress that machine learning has made over the last two years makes artificial intelligence a fantastic ally for the blockchain to ensure application security, especially given the inherent structure of the system.
- Data: In a future where all of our data is available in a blockchain and organization can buy directly from us, we need help to grant access, track data usage, and In general, understand what is happening with our system. Personal Information at the speed of a computer. It’s a job for (intelligent) machines.
- Equipment and Hardwares: Miners (and not necessarily companies, but also individuals) invest a lot of money in special hardware components. Since energy consumption has always been a key issue, many solutions have been proposed and many more will be presented in the future. As the system becomes more efficient, part of the material (sometimes partially) can be converted into neural networks.
How can Blockchain change AI?
- Help the AI to explain (and make us believe): The black box of the AI suffers from an explanatory problem. A clear audit trail can not only improve the credibility of data and models, but it also provides a clear path for following the machine’s decision-making process.
Increase the efficiency of artificial intelligence: safer data exchange means more data (and more training data), then better models, better actions, better results … and better new data. The network effect is all that matters at the end of the day.
- Boost artificial confidence: Once part of our work is managed by autonomous virtual agents, a clear audit trail helps robots trust each other (and then us to trust them). In addition, each machine-to-machine interaction (Outlier Ventures, 2017) will improve transactions through a secure method of data exchange and decision coordination, as well as a robust quorum mechanism. (extremely relevant for computer system robotics).
- Reduce barriers to market entry: Blockchain technologies can protect your data. So, why not back up all your data privately and possibly sell it? You will probably do this: Blockchain will primarily encourage the creation of cleaner and better organized personal data. Secondly, this will allow the emergence of new markets: a data market (low yielding fruits); a market for models (much more interesting); and finally a marketplace for AI
The Blockbuster Combination
Taking a look at some of the projects integrating bot AI and blockchain technology.
SingularityNET: The first decentralized market for AI
The premise of the platform is the creation of an A.I. Marketplace, about the company A.I. Algorithms, automatic learning tools and global datasets facilitating the industry growth.By combining the principles of open source, blockchain integration and machine learning, the use of SingularityNET want to make AI a global community accessible to all. SingularityNET really shows that both AI and Blockchain are technologies for the future. Bringing companies intending to integrate AI Ecosystem and researchers, SingularityNET will develop an advanced general intelligence that can be applied to virtually any task.
Namahe — A.I. Supply chain
Namahe is a platform that aims to massively overhaul the industries involved in the supply chain by incorporating an AI layer into the mix. Currently, supply chains are highly complex networks that connect consumers at the end of the chain, to the workers at start of the chain, via several intermediaries including manufacturers, suppliers and retailers. The problem with having so many layers, is that efficiency is often lost, partly due to lack of communication within the supply chain, and due to the speed at which it takes to respond to external events, such as changes in demand, or delays.
DeepBrain – Distributed Computing Power
The DeepBrain chain is an A.I. computer platform, which reduces input costs for A.I. Development by providing a decentralized neural network used to provide processing power to businesses facing development by A.I.
The DBC platform provides incentives to provide processing power and data sets by offering DeepBrain Coin (DBC), which allows those who consume too much energy to generate revenue from their inactive nodes, while reducing major cost for AI companies. The developers quickly realized that Blockchain was the perfect backbone of their system, allowing them to create their unique system of token incentives.
By combining AI and Blockchain technologies in one place, you can easily control how your data can be used for your dataset. This technology is useful for a variety of industries where confidentiality is essential. With the technology currently in vogue in the industry, the combination of these two technologies promises to offer greater benefits in the near future.
There are many ways to generate wealth in cryptocurrency market. The major and well-known …